on the procedure of a creative contest for the creation of a mock-up design
of a visual representation of «Belarus 1» TV channel
and its main current affairs TV programs
1. These Regulations determine the conditions and procedure of the creative contest for the creation of a mock-up design of a new visual representation for «Belarus 1» TV channel and its main current affairs TV programs (hereinafter – the contest).
2. The contest is established and organized by Belteleradiocompany.
3. The main goal of the contest is the creation of a mock-up design of a new visual representation for «Belarus 1» TV channel and its main current affairs TV programs (hereinafter – the mock-up design), meeting the requirements and objectives of Belteleradiocompany to a maximum extent possible.
4. These Regulations, information about the contest and contacts shall be made available at the official website of Belteleradiocompany www.tvr.by, on air on the TV channels of Belteleradiocompany, at other mass media, Internet sites, and by the means of targeted communication.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CONTEST
5. The contest may be entered into by individuals – residents and non-residents of the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter – the contestants).
6. Materials for the participation in the contest (hereinafter – the materials) shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to: 220114, Minsk, Makayonka str., 9, marked «Belarus 1» Creative Contest» no later than March 22, 2019.
7. While creating the mock-up design the contestants shall proceed from a premise that «Belarus 1» TV channel is an unbiased source of official information, has a wide audience, has a unique «strict» image, at the same time being a modern, dynamically developing mass media.
8. One of the main aims of the mock-up design creation is to endow the image of «Беларусь 1» TV channel with a recognizable visual form, to create a unique and memorable style by the means of graphics design.
9. The mock-up design shall include the following parts of a visual representation:
concept (basic idea);
listing of graphical elements on which the visual perception will be based;
examples of the visual representation usage in graphics design (a poster, title sequence shot breakdowns).
10. The following is prohibited:
changing an existing logo of «Belarus 1» TV channel;
using solutions previously used for the design of TV channels of Belteleradiocompany or other TV channels, individual TV programs, websites, cultural and entertainment events, etc.;
using solutions and templates from sources publicly available in World Wide Web.
11. The following conditions are mandatory for the mock-up design creation:
adaptability of the graphical designs to seasons and commemorative dates;
applicability of themed color coding (news, analytics, economy, weather, crime report, culture).
12. Main visual and graphical elements (title sequences), required for the design of «Belarus 1» TV channel:
«Going on air»;
«Going off air»;
«Clock» (full screen);
Identification title sequence of «Belarus 1» TV channel, neutral, with an indication of URL tvr.by;
«Belarus 1» Presents»;
«Commercials» («opening», «closing», «tie-in» – design elements of an advertising block);
graphic elements for designing broadcast events (advertising and announcement banner, design of a news ticker background).
13. The development of basic visual and graphic design elements (title sequences) of current affairs TV programs on «Belarus 1» TV channel is required for:
daily summary TV news program «Panorama»;
weekly information and analytics TV program «Main Air»;
14. The materials may be created in no particular form or content, but must include the following:
description of concept of a mock-up design of a visual representation for
«Belarus 1» TV channel and its main current affairs TV programs as a single graphical project;
The conceptual design, including at least:
shooting sheets of 4-5 graphical videoclips (title sequences), including no less than 2 videoclips of the design of «Belarus 1»TV channel and no less than 2 videoclips of TV programs design;
mock-ups of 4-5 graphical videoclips (title sequences), including no less than 2 videoclips of the design of «Belarus 1»TV channel and no less than 2 videoclips of TV programs design.
All the conceptual designs must be easily accessible for perception and evaluation.
15. The winning contestant shall grant the rights of the mock-up design usage to Belteleradiocompany.
PROCEDURE OF THE CONTEST
16. For the purposes of reviewing the materials submitted for the contest a working group comprised of the employees of Belteleradiocompany shall be created under the Chairperson’s order.
17. The working group shall preselect the materials submitted and form a package of the qualifying mock-up designs no later than March 25, 2019 for its further review by the arts council of Belteleradiocompany.
18. The arts council of Belteleradiocompany shall review and evaluate the materials preselected by the working group based on the following criteria:
the extent of compliance with the conditions of the contest;
originality, novelty of the underlying conceptual idea of the mock-up design;
19. No later than March 26, 2019 upon the review of the mock-up designs preselected by the working group, the arts council of Belteleradiocompany determines the winner of the contest. If no mock-up design fully meets the criteria specified in point 18, the arts council of Belteleradiocompany shall hold that the winner of the contest is not determined.
20. No later than March 29, 2019 Belteleradiocompany shall notify the contestants about the results by the means of releasing the information in sources specified in point 4.
21. The winner of the contest shall receive prize money in the amount of 10 000 (ten thousand) Belarusian rubles. The prize shall be transferred to the winner’s card account or paid out at the cashier desk of Belteleradiocompany after the conclusion of an agreement on the mock-up design usage with the winner.
22. All the expenses for the creation and submission of the materials for the contest shall be borne by the contestants.
23. All the matters related to the organization and operation of the contest shall be handled by Belteleradiocompany.
24. The prize money shall be paid out at the expense of the extra-budgetary funds of Belteleradiocompany and (or) other sources not prohibited by the legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
25. Belteleradiocompany shall obtain the right to conclude the agreement on the mock-up design usage with the winner without any remuneration.