This rite in the Catholic Church is a recognition of the miracles of the shrine. Initially, it was kept in a monastery on the island of the Lake Nespish. In 1832, the monastery was completely destroyed by fire, the fire did not touch only the icon. And for more than a hundred years, it has been stored in Braslav Church, which in 2000 became the sanctuary, a place of pilgrimage for believers. The image of the Mother of God “Lady of the Lakes” became the first crowned icon in Vitebsk Region and the seventh in Belarus.
10th anniversary of coronation of icon of Mother of God Icon, "Lady of the Lakes" celebrated in Braslav
18 August 2019